With the release of the new Glock single stack MOS offerings, we have had a flood of questions come in asking if our Sentinel will mount to them, and what needs to be done.
Happily we can inform you that our Sentinel Auto and Manual brightness version both mount directly to the new Glock 48MOS/43XMOS without the need of any additional plates, or hardware.
To mount the Sentinel to the MOS series of pistols, you will:
- Remove the existing plate on top of the slide. Clean off any oil around the screw holes with a cotton swab and some acetone/finger nail polish remover.
- Place the Sentinels thin Waterproof Plate in the MOS/RMSc footprint and make sure all the recoil posts are through the plate.
- Settle the Sentinel into the footprint and make sure it is flush against the bottom, with no conflicts between it and the recoil pegs.
- Remove one of each size of the provided M4 type screws from their bag. You will be using the 10.1mm screw for the Left side and the 8.6mm screw for the Right, as seen from the rear of the pistol.
- Apply a small amount of medium strength thread lock to each screw. You want to avoid excess getting down below the screws as you install, so apply just enough to "wet the threads."
- Tighten both screws into their respective places, 10.1mm Left and 8.6mm Right, as viewed from behind the pistol. If this is the first time mounting any new screws into the slide, tighten and loosen the screws a couple times to prevent any friction binding.
- Once down and snug, utilize an Inch Pound style torque wrench to apply 15 inch pounds of torque to each screw.
- Allow 24 hours for the thread lock to set up, if possible.
Now you're ready to sight in your optic and enjoy the ease and efficiency of optic mounted pistol-craft.
For installation and technical information, check out our GunNerd Playlist here:
For Technique and Application information, check out Swampfox Mikes Playlist here: